Last Updated: 19/03/2021
Your privacy is important to us, and we would like to keep everything transparent. This privacy statement explains the personal data Online Shop collects and processes and for what purposes. Online Shop ("OnlineShop.co.uk", "Website") offers a wide range of products and services, references to Online Shop's products and services in this statement include all services, digital products, websites, apps, software, servers and devices.
Please read the product-specific details in this privacy statement, which provide additional relevant information. This statement applies to the interactions Online Shop has with you and the products and services it provides to you, as a customer and a user.
Data We Collect
Online Shop collects data from you, through our interactions with you on OnlineShop.co.uk and through our products and services. You provide some of this data directly, and we get some of it by collecting data about your interactions, use and experiences with OnlineShop.co.uk and our other products and services, such as our main website, e-mail and phone. The data collected by Online Shop depends on the context of your interactions with Online Shop and the choices you make, including your privacy settings and the products, services and features that you use. We also obtain data about you from third parties.
You have choices when it comes to the technology you use and the data you share. When we ask you to provide personal data outside of our e-commerce and listing capabilities, you can decline, however, our website and services require some personal data to provide you with the best listing, communications, shopping and customer support experience. If you choose not to provide data necessary to provide you with such capabilities, you cannot use it. Likewise, where we need to collect personal data by law or to enter into or carry out a contract with you, and you do not provide the data necessary, we will not be able to enter into a contract; or if this relates to an existing product you're using, we may have to suspend or cancel it. We will notify you if this is the case at the time. Where providing the data is optional, and you choose not to share personal data, features like personalization that use such data will not work for you.
How We Use Your Data
Online Shop uses the data we collect to provide you with rich, interactive experiences. In particular, we use data to:
- Provide our products and services, which includes payment and order processing, securing, updating, troubleshooting, as well as providing customer support. It also includes sharing data, when it is required to provide the service or to carry out the transactions you request;
- Improve and further develop our offerings to you as a user and a customer;
- Personalise your experiences within OnlineShop.co.uk and our other websites and make recommendations via the websites, e-mail and phone;
- Advertise and market to you, which includes sending promotional communications, targeted advertising and presenting you with relevant offers that you may find an interest in.
- We also use your data to operate our business, which includes analysing our performance, meeting legal obligations, developing and training our staff and doing research. In carrying out these purposes, we combine data we collect from different complex contexts or obtain it from third parties to give you a more seamless, consistent, personalised and enjoyable experience to make informed business decisions and for legitimate purposes.
Why We Share Your Data
Sometimes we may need to share some of the data we collect about you with your consent. We also may share, at our discretion, this data with our affiliates, subsidiaries and suppliers when required by law or to respond to legal procesesses; to protect and maintain the security of our products and services and to protect the rights and property of Online Shop its affiliates, subsidiaries and suppliers, and most importantly its customers.
We never share personally identifying information with third parties such as name, e-mail or your phone number. Unless you make this publically available through your online profile on OnlineShop.co.uk. We sometimes may use your identifying data for marketing and research purposes internally through web, e-mail or phone (including but not limited to SMS) to notify you of new offers, products you may be interested in or to update you on your account.
We also may use "web beacons" to help deliver cookies and gather usage and performance data to better improve our offerings. OnlineShop.co.uk and our other websites may also include web beacons, cookies and/or other similar technologies from third-party service providers such as Google, Apple or Microsoft.
We only retain your personal data for as long as necessary. We usually delete and purge data that is older than 3-years from our own systems, should a subscriber and user stop using OnlineShop.co.uk as a service. However, data held by subscribing users gathered from stores via Google Analytics or Facebook via independent tracking is sole responsibility of the subscribing user and not of Online Shop, as we have no access to such data.
Clients who reside within the European Union retain their data subject rights under the EU General Data Protection Regulation. EU-based subscribing users with queries regarding how Online Shop processes their data can contact our customer support by e-mailing [email protected].
As part of this policy you have rights to:
- Request Access
- Request Correction
- Request Erasure (Where Applicable)
- Object to Processing (Where Applicable)
- Request Transfer (Where Applicable)
- Withdraw Consent